An Explanation..

In the last few years I have done some research on all branches of my family tree. I have found much information through research sites on the internet such as Ancestry. I also had a written history and scrapbook of the DeVine family that came from Catherine and Dorothy DeVine.

I have decided to try to put much of my family history research online so others may see it. This will include text and photos of many different surnames, such as DeVine, Hochwalt, Weaver, Becker, Murray and Vanderslice. It also includes revisions of that original DeVine text. In no way do I wish to tarnish the work that was done before I started my research. I just want to share what I have found. Both versions I am sure have mistakes and misinformation.

I invite my family members to leave comments and share stories and corrections!


Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Mom and Dad's Anniversary

Well I was a BAD daughter and didn't get a card sent out for Mom and Dad's 48th wedding anniversary. So I will blog about it! ( And call them later tonight)
So..Mom was 3 months shy of 20 and Dad had just turned 22 when they got married. I know that there were times they wanted to kill each other..but for whatever the reasons were, they didn't. They stayed together. Amazing though when I think of how much I changed as a person from the time I was 20 until now. You have to be really committed to stick it out.Or maybe it is easier when you are younger because you believe all the Happily Ever After, and you have not really made yourself an independent life. When you get older and set in your ways,and have seen that life many times sucks, you have to be willing to make room for that special someone.It might be a little more work at first.  If you never had to do it before it can be enlightning. If it's the right person you will happily spend a little less time on a hobby to spend a little more time with that person. Trade-offs can be good :-) And if it's the right person they will encourage you to keep doing things you enjoy even if they do not involve them.And maybe its easier in the sense that (hopefully) when you are older you know that 1) people change..and 2) you can't make people change.  Just my two cents...

No comments:

Post a Comment